2000 – A task force was formulated headed by Prof.U.R.Rao& the Vision Document was submitted.
2001 – IT@School Project was established and IT campaigns were conducted statewide
2002 – Network of Master trainers and School IT Co-ordinators were formed and Teacher empowerment programmes started.
2003 – IT became a Compulsory subject in State Curriculum, IT practical exams undertaken.
2004 – District Resource Centers of the Project were setup and IT enabled contents developed.
2005 – IT@School Linux was developed so was the launch of EDUSAT ViCTERS network.
2006 – Complete shift to Free Software, Handbooks and supplements developed.
2007 – IT practical exam were conducted entirely on FOSS.
2008 – (1) Broadband connectivity was provided to all schools in the state
(2) Piloting of ICT enabled education from IT education commenced
(3) Laptops were issued to all schools in the state
(4) IT@School was selected as the nodal agency for all e-governance initiatives within Department of General Education
(5) IT@School Project enabled a complete FOSS implementation within the Education department
2009 –(1) The shift to ICT enabled education was at pace
(2) VICTERS educational channel was made available in all local cable networks
(3) Electrification of classrooms was initiated by the Project
(4) IT@School Project was expanded to Upper Primary and Higher Secondary sections
2010 – (1) Complete implementation of ICT enabled education in the state commences.
(2)School Wiki was launched by the Project
(3) Model ICT schools with Smart Classrooms are being implemented statewide.
(4) Training for over 28,000 Student School IT Co-ordinators was undertaken
2011- HarithaVidhayalam Educational Reality Show- first of its kind in the country.
2012- IT theory exam in Highschools also integrated into software.
- SSLC Exam and Career specific content developed for VICTERS.
2013- Hardware Training for Vocational Higher Secondary students
2014- Multimedia rooms and Smart boards to 748 schools and Upgradation of VICTERS channel from Analouge to
2015- VPNoBB connection provided to 1390 schools.
2016- Pilot implementation of Hi-Tech school programme in the State.
- Broadband connectivity to all LP and UP schools
- SchoolWiki re-launched
- Massive training for Student School IT Co-ordinators