Details of Staff in Govt. and Aided Schools
Download revised Text books for standard 9 & Textbooks for standard 2, 4, 6, 8, Teachers hand book- std 2,4,6,8, ICT hand book-std 5,6,7
The revised Text books for standard 9, ICT textbook for std-8 & text books for standard 2, 4 ,6 and 8 along with Teachers hand book for standard 2, 4, 6, & 8 and students ICT hand book for standard 5 6 & 7 is now being published in electronic format. The text book is been uploaded in chaper/module/part basis. The student/teachers can download these from the link given below:
- ICT textbook for standard 10 - Malayalam ,English, Tamil ,Kannada
- ICT textbook for standard 9 - Malayalam - English- Tamil- Kannada
- ICT textbook(Malayalam Medium) - STD 1 ,STD II, STD III, STD IV
- Revised textbooks for standard 9
- Revised ICT textbook for standard 8 - Malayalam - English
- Text books for standard 2, 4, 6 and 8
- Teachers Hand book for standard 2, 4, 6 and 8
- Students ICT hand book for standard 5, 6 and 7
IT@School Project has launched a Resource Website for 10th Standard students to aid them to learn the new textbooks in mathematics and science with the help of ICT.
Textbook indent system for unaided
government school was developed to ensure that there is no shortage of
textbooks in schools. This is an online centralized mechanism for
ordering textbooks for unaided schools. Unaided Schools have to register
first and then login to order and thereby avoiding delays in the normal
supply to government schools. Only recognized schools will have access
to the system. After registration the school receives a mail containing
their username and password with which they could login and order the
textbooks. Various reports could also be generated at the administrator
level to recognize the number of books ordered by each school and the
In case of Higher Secondary schools,
they are provided with username and password in the beginning itself
with which they register so as to place the order in time.
1. The system is more transparent, fast and effective means of ordering and supply of textbooks
2. Helps in analyzing actual requirement of textbook in schools
3. Reduces the shortage of textbook and ensures that the students receive their textbook on time.
Website : http://itschool.gov.in/textbookschool/
Scheme to ensure broadband internet connectivity to all schools so as to equip them for ICT enabled learning.
The launch of Broadband internet scheme to all schools in Kerala was held at PR Chamber, Secretariat, Thiruvananthapuram on 09-12-2007 by Shri.M.A.Baby, Hon'ble Minister of Education and Culture. The Project has already entered into an agreement with BSNL for providing Internet facility to all Government schools. BSNL had committed to provide Broadband services to each of the above institutions with special tariff package as detailed below: -
Fixed monthly charges : Rs 500/-
Annual payment option : Rs 5000/-
Security Deposit : Waived off
Modem rental : “
Installation charges : “
Free Down load / up load limit : 3 GB / month
Additional usage / Mb : Rs 0.80
up load / download limit will be calculated on aggregate basis (as N x 3 GB, where N is the number of broadband connections availed). For the usage above free upload / download limit additional usage charge of Rs 0.80 per MB will be levied
Number of email mailboxes / connection is one with email box size 5 MB each.
Modem will have four Ethernet ports and NAT facility
Government of Kerala will handover the request for each connection to Nodal officer in Trivandrum along with the fixed charges for one year / one month (as the case may be) after ascertaining the technical feasibility.
√ This will help the students & teachers to familiarize with available Internet services like e-Mail, Chat, Website creation, Blog creation etc.
√ IT @ School is implementing various e-governance initiatives like Service & Payroll Administrative Repository for Kerala (SPARK), Noon Meal Computerization etc. for which the connectivity is indispensable.
√ BSNL has given special tariff for Internet connection with a waiver for Security Deposit, Modem rental and installation charges.The annual payment option to one school for Internet charges being Rs.5,000.
√ Detailed guidelines and handbooks for using Internet services, resources and also for ensuring safe and secure browsing in Schools is being provided by IT@School.
√ The BSNL Scheme enables centralized monitoring.
Online registration form for ICT (Information and Communication Technology) training for High School Teachers
IT@School Project has received glorious recognition at the Stockholm Challenge Awards -2010, an international award for innovative information technology projects, invariably termed as the biggest recognition for ICT interventions in development sector on a global platform.
IT@School Project would be empowering the student populace in the State with Animation movie making skills entirely based on Free and Open Source Software, through a mass state-wide training campaign. The innovative training session would take the students through a virtual tour on the entire animation movie making process comprising of phases such as identification of a story line, development of script and storyboard, drawing the cartoon characters, animating them, giving sounds to characters as well as providing background music, creating titles for the films and so on.
Details of ICT content/teaching materials developed for IT enabled teaching/learning purpose
Now the shift is from IT Education to ICT Enabled Education. ICT content has now been developed for Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics etc. Tryout of this has alraedy been carried out in UP and High School Classes. The following are the lead ICT enabled teaching initiatives:
- Pheonix/Ktech lab being used for IT enabled teaching of Physics/Maths
- Teachers trained to handle Pheonix equipment
- More than 100 pieces of this equipment distributed in schools
- ICT enabled tool entirely FOSS based
- Dr. Geo being used for teaching Mathematics
- Rasmol, Chemtool, Kalcium being used in for chemistry
- Klab being used to teach physics
- Customization of open software ICT tool to school curriculum
- On hand training to teachers
- Training modules being prepared and distributed. Click the link below for the training module of ICT enabled content
(Malayalam)Chemistry... Physics... Maths...
(English)Chemistry... Physics... Maths...
(Tamil)Chemistry... Physics... Maths...
(Kannada)Chemistry... Physics... Maths...
ICT content development
- ICT Content being developed for std. 5th 6th 7th and 8th
- Content developed as per new curriculum approach
- The story board, script being developed by Master trainers
- Teachers being trained to teach via the content developed
- Subjects Basic Science, Social Science, Mathematics.
- Content CD Distributed in all schools
© All Rights Reserved. IT@School, General Education Department, Govt of Kerala.
SCERT Building, Poojappura, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala– 695012, +91-471-2529800